- M&T Bank
- $162,550.00 -162,550.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
19 W Houston St
Manages client relationships and daily administration of assigned Global Capital Markets (GCM) accounts of simple to moderate intricacy, complexity and risk, including all administrative, operational and risk management activities for GCM transactions. Serves as main point of contact with the client and internal and external service partners to follow short and long-term strategies to achieve sustainable earnings growth and compliance with Bank and Division strategic plans. Manages daily administration of assigned transactions, including delivering exceptional service to clients and related parties, ensuring all internal controls are satisfied. Works with internal partners as appropriate.
* Monitor relevant administrative and operational systems, databases and activity related to accounts of simple to moderate intricacy, complexity and level of risk to ensure accounts are set-up and operating within established policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Review, analyze and provide comments to counsel related to negotiation and drafting of operative documents and agreements for assigned accounts.
* Coordinate activities related to monitoring risks and ensuring regulatory compliance for assigned accounts with Legal, Risk, Compliance and/or Audit as required.
* Research and resolve issues related to control and client service aspects of assigned accounts in a timely manner to maintain customer satisfaction, working with appropriate internal and external resources as required.
* Work with external parties, including attorneys, financial advisors, interested parties and alliance/service partners, to structure and close GCM transactions in a timely manner.
* Complete various account administration activities of simple to moderate intricacy, complexity and risk including, timely cash flow execution and fee billing, internal and external reporting and tickler processing.
* Participate, along with GCM Sales, in sales calls to current and prospective clients, either in-person or over the phone, and assist in preparation of fee proposals to support new business opportunities.
* Manage relationships, cultivating current and prospective clients and referral sources to uncover opportunities and potential sources of new business.
* Implement approved fee increases, discounts and waivers as identified or instructed per established controls and procedures. Partner with Fee Billing to monitor and timely collect aged receivables.
* Provide coverage and support to other Relationship Managers within assigned Section/Unit as required by absence.
* Represent GCM at transaction closings, attend and chair client meetings and presentations and prepare relevant documentation to support the attraction, retention and expansion of client relationships. Participate in departmental projects and Corporate initiatives on a periodic basis.
* May supervise and/or mentor less experienced associates.
* Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
* Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
* Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
* Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 1 year related experience,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 5 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 1 year related experience
High level of proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software
Prior experience reading, analyzing and interpreting legal documents
Prior experience calculating amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages Familiarity with corporate structures, relevant laws and regulations
Proven problem-solving skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong analytical skills
Education and Experience Preferred:
Minimum of 2 years' Global Capital Markets client service experience
Working toward or already received CCTS (Certified Corporate Trust Specialist) certification
Working knowledge of pertinent specialized internal software applications
Demonstrated sense of ownership in jobs or projects
LocationNew York, New York, United States of America
Associated topics: broker, buy, capital, commodities, derivatives, fund, ira, invest, risk, trader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...