The Kitchen Manager provides key administrative support to the culinary department including areas of payroll, inventory, scheduling and costing: supports/manages culinary operations alongside Sous Chefs and drives the recruitment for line-level employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track all invoices for incoming purchased foods.
- Record and update current prices on all purchased food.
- Create spreadsheets to track and generate food cost for both restaurants separately as needed.
- Research and facilitate the purchase of new equipment & linen suppliers, and repair servicers.
- Create and update worksheets to record monthly inventory
- Manage, facilitate and take monthly food inventory for both restaurants: delegate to staff to insure its completion.
- Facilitate and negotiate all kitchen equipment repairs with repair companies, including research on service contracts options.
- Order and maintain everyday supplies for the kitchen
- Perform disciplinary actions and aid in employee matters as needed
- Facilitate collecting recipes to be maintained in a usable recipe database for both restaurants separately.
- Maintain and Manage weekly schedules and keep record of PTO requests.
- Manage weekly payroll for hourly employees.
- Maintain and organize all job postings, field resumes and schedule trails and interviews with potential new hires
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- ServSafe/ Food Handlers Certification
- Fire Safety Director Certification
- Have a strong team mentality, solid skills, and a highly-developed sense of urgency
- Work well under pressure
- Have a working knowledge of kitchen management, inventory management, staff scheduling and food/labor cost maintenance
- Have knowledge of NYC DOMHH Food Safety standards and expectations
- Be punctual, focused, dedicated & reliable, willing to work a flexible schedule
- Be Communicative, proactive & a team player at all times.
- NYC Restaurant Experience (2+ Years)
- Able to Stand for 5+ Hours
- Able to Lift/Carry 30+ lb. materials
- Ability to read, write & speak fluent English
- Compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgments.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of team.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
More detail about The Standard, High Line part of The Standard, High Line Hotel, please visit
Associated topics: floor manager, food service supervisor, front end, general manager, general operations manager, gerente de cocina, management, operations manager, restaurant general manager, service manager